The DACdb Usage Policy applies to all Users who have access to the DACdb system.
Use of the system is permitted and encouraged where such use supports the goals and objectives of Rotary.
Access to DACdb is a privilege and all users must adhere to the policies as defined herein.
Personal information including, but not limited to; contact information, personal addresses, telephone numbers, credentials, and email addresses are the private property of the individual.
The club and district are allowed the use of this data for Rotary business purposes only, with the individual's consent.
By using DACdb the club agrees they have communicated with their entire membership they are using DACdb to manage their data and that data is held and
used per the entirety of this agreement.
The purpose of this policy is to protect the use of, and privacy of, our members' data by preventing the distribution or use of this data by
anyone, except in accordance with the following procedures.
- You may only access DACdb and DACdb systems with your own user account and credentials. Sharing of accounts and credentials is not allowed. (It is a big security risk, violates RI policy and GDPR regulations.)
- District leadership may only use this database to mass contact Rotarians within the DISTRICT for Rotary-related purposes.
- Club leadership may only use this database to mass contact Rotarians within their CLUB for Rotary-related purposes.
- Members may only use this database to contact other Rotarians within their CLUB for Rotary-related purposes as defined and limited by your Club's permissions.
- All users are expected to use DACdb responsibly and productively. Access is limited to Rotary-related activities only and personal use is not permitted.
- Data that is composed, stored on, transmitted and/or received by DACdb's systems is considered to belong to each Member and is recognized as
their official data. This data cannot be disclosed to third parties, be sold, distributed, stored on external systems outside of DACdb control, redirecting through
external systems or used for any non-Rotary related purpose by any member or user.
- Emails (PMail) sent via DACdb's email system should not contain content that is deemed to be offensive or SPAM. This includes, though is not restricted to, the use of vulgar or
harassing language/images/etc., inclusion of obfuscated links, unwanted advertisements or solicitations.
- Member data posted on DACdb may not be used by any member/user or club to mass contact other members (other than the member's within their own club) for any purpose
other than Rotary-related purposes.
- Rotary club and district officers cannot provide data on behalf of any Rotarian or Rotaractor to DACdb without notice to the individual. Each of the individual club members must receive prior notice that
her/his/their personal data will be shared with RI and DACdb. By sending member data to DACdb (in any form), you are confirming that you have complied with this requirement.
- DACdb access, and/or access to websites maintained by DACdb may be monitored and/or blocked by DACdb if they are deemed to be harmful and/or not
productive to Rotary affairs and/or voilate the terms of this Usage Policy.
- The systems, services and technology used to support DACdb are the property of DACdb, LLC. DACdb reserves the right to monitor email traffic,
website content and data that is composed, stored on, sent or received through its online connections and systems.
- It is the customer's responsibility to verify all data additions, updates and deletions. DACdb is not liable for any inconsistencies or charges levied by the club, district, Rotary International or other organizations.
- Member notification is required prior to the publishing of ANY of a member's personally identifiable information (PII) in ANY form. (This includes websites, newsletters, bulletins, stories, directories, etc.)
Each of the individual members must receive prior notice of exactly what information about them will be published.
Unacceptable use of DACdb includes, but is not limited to:
- Sending or posting discriminatory, harassing, or threatening messages or images on any DACdb System or sending via DACdb's email service (PMail).
- Using or disclosing someone else's password without authorization.
- Sharing confidential material, trade secrets, or proprietary information outside of the organization
- Sending or posting information that is defamatory to your District/Club or DACdb, its products/services, colleagues and/or members.
- Sending or posting information that is defamatory to Rotary International.
- Marketing, selling or otherwise advertising your business or someone else's business or services.
- Uploading or storing any audio or video file on any DACdb system - including Easy and Beautiful, uPages or WordPress websites.
- Introducing malicious software onto the company network and/or jeopardizing the security of the organization's electronic communications systems.
- Sending or posting chain letters, solicitations, or advertisements not related to Rotary affairs or activities.
- Storing any data from DACdb in/on external systems outside of DACdb control.
- "Scraping" data from DACdb, DACdb services or any DACdb product to display elsewhere or via other external services, or otherwise redirecting DACdb data or products through other external services.
Rotary International policy and EU law.
- Altering the codebase or reverse engineering ANY DACdb product or service (e.g. DACdb WordPress plugin)
- Publishing ANY member's personally identifiable information (PII) in ANY form without prior notice being given to that member. (This includes websites, newsletters, bulletins, stories, directories, etc.)
- Accessing or attempting to access data that you do not have explicit permission to have access to.
Violation of this policy (depending on the severity of any abuses) may result in, but not limited to the following actions:
- The offending member having their security clearance reduced to LEVEL 1 (Member-level access only), -or-
- The offending member having their access to DACdb blocked or otherwise restricted, -and/or-
Recommendation of dismissal from Rotary to the Board of Directors at the member's club.
Violations of this policy at the Club level will be resolved by the respective Club Officers with the help of the District Communications Officer (DCO) and/or DACdb.
Any violation at the District level will be made by the District Communications Officer (DCO) and District Governor and/or DACdb.
Any decisions made by DACdb and/or the DCO, with regard to violations of this policy, will be communicated immediately to the District Governor.
Appeal of decisions may be made to the District Governor and/or DACdb.
The decisions of DACdb in all such matters are final and may not be appealed further.
Violations of the DACdb Usage Policy may also be voilations of Rotary International rules and those of the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
which was adopted 25 May 2018 by both Rotary International and all of its licensed vendors.
Anyone accessing the DACdb, must agree to the terms of this policy, the first time they sign on, before access is granted.
By accepting the Usage Policy, you are acknowledging your understanding of the policy and will abide by the Usage Policy.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and others, including information by which you may be personally identified,
including your name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number
("personal information"), age, gender, language preferences, expertise, date of birth, your internet connection, the equipment you use to access
our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies.
- From Rotary International.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide when you interact with our Websites or when dealing with Rotary or our network offline including:
Information that you provide by making an inquiry, joining as a member registering for an event, etc. This includes information provided at the time of registering through any of DACdb's websites. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail and other electronic messages, including social media posts), if you contact us.
Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
Your search queries on our Website.
There may be features that are developed in the future that may result in the collection of additional new information.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Content"). Your User Content is posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages and you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Content.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Website.
Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To offer and fulfill our core business purposes which include:
- Fulfilling Rotary's obligation to Rotarians
- Financial processing
- Communicating messages
- Facilitating communications between members
- Supporting the programs and membership of Rotary
- Complying with any legal obligations
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose where we have your consent.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Where you are a registered user on this Website, you can review and change your personal information by logging into our Website and visiting your account profile page.
Club officers, club administrators, district officers, district administrators, zone officers, zone administrators and DACdb staff may have access to view and edit your personal data.
If a Rotary district officer overwrites ANY Rotary club or member data, the district officer is REQUIRED to notify the Rotary club's officers that changes have been made to their club's or member's data. This is required per RI policy.
You may also send us an e-mail at support@DACdb.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your account information may also be held in Rotary International's systems.
Information Sharing and Disclosures
We may share your information, including your personal information, with other parties as follows:
- Your data will be shared with Rotary International
- Vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf (e.g. Salesforce, Constant Contact, VerticalResponse)
- Law Enforcement, Judicial, Administrative, or Regulatory Disclosures. When we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure or that
disclosure is necessary to protect or enforce the rights, property, safety, or security of ourselves or others.
You have a variety of tools to control cookies and similar technologies, including browser controls, to block and delete cookies. Your browser and other choices may affect your experiences with our website.
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies that are set by the DACdb website(s), you can do so through your browser settings.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may affect the functionality of the DACdb website(s), such as signing in, managing your account, remembering settings, etc.
We do everything we can to ensure that the prices on our websites and in our marketing materials are correct. Sometimes we need to change the cost of a product, either up or down.
- Prices may be changed at any time without prior notice.
- Prices listed on any other websites or in third-party publications may not be accepted. We sell our products to many organizations who may
relay our prices to others. We cannot control incorrect third-party pricing of our services. We reserve the right not to accept a price listed on
a site or in a publication other than our own.
- We try very hard to ensure our pricing is accurate everywhere, but mistakes can occur. We are not responsible for, and may not honor, pricing errors.
- Domain Name Registration purchases (new or transfer) are non-refundable.
- PText balances of $10.00 USD and under are non-refundable.
Payment & Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF)
Online payment via the DACdb 'shopping cart' (upper right, by your name) is preferred, but payment can also be made via check made payable to DACdb, LLC sent to:
9457 S. University Blvd. #930
Highlands Ranch, CO 80126
We recommend paying online for the quickest and easiest payment. If paying by check, please include your Club / District number and Invoice number on your check and allow enough time for us to receive your payment!
Unless otherwise stated, all payments are due on the date of purchase or renewal.
A 30-day payment grace period is given past the due date. If payment in full is not received by the end of this grace period, your subscription will be suspended until payment in full is received.
Check or electronic check (EFT) payments made payable to DACdb, LLC returned for non-sufficient funds (NSF), will result in the following:
- A $25.00 Returned Check Fee charged to the account of the issuing entity.
- A hold placed on current subscriptions until payment is received in full which will result in all account services being temporarily suspended.
- After a second check/EFT returned for NSF, your account may have its payment by check or EFT suspended.
Returned Check Payment Methods:
- Payment by credit card inclusive of convenience fees (where legally applicable).
- Check made payable to DACdb, LLC and mailed to:
9457 S. University Blvd. #930
Highlands Ranch, CO 80126
Please ensure that sufficient funds are available in your account!
Please do NOT send cash via the mail
Please include your Account information (Club name ,or District, or identifying entity information)
For questions regarding this procedure or to resolve a returned payment please contact our Billing Department at 720-504-7300 ext. 2.
DACdb will occasionally update this Usage Policy to reflect company, customer and Rotary International feedback. DACdb encourages you to periodically review
this Policy to stay informed.
(720) 504-7300 x1
Effective as of May 22, 2018 - rev. 01.21